Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tuesday Thoughts & Talks [13]: Reading From the Opposite Gender's POV...Yay or Nay?

This is a meme hosted HERE that asks us to present something we've learned or thought about after we finished reading a book to anyone out there - sparking a conversation amongst us!

What I Read to Spark the feels:

I am currently reading through The Intern's Handbook and I've got to say it's really fascinating to read such an in-depth male outlook! As a girl, I think it was just natural to gravitate towards a female POV when reading or selecting a book but as I grow up and my genre and book interests change, I'm starting to see that I'm learning to love the male POV! This may be because it's somewhat of a foreign mind? The things guys pay attention too or observe is interesting to read about! Especially in a character like John Lago (the protagonist of The Intern's Handbook - think Mr. Smith from Mr&Mrs Smith meets closeted dork ;P). I'm going to keep the search on for more books in the male POV. I have not come across a male POV book where I didn't enjoy it! I'd like to hear some recommendations you guys have for me too so leave them in the comments below!

Do you enjoy reading from opposite gender POV? Add a link to your response OR just leave a comment below on this week's Tuesday Thoughts&Talks!

If you want to participate in the Tuesday Thoughts & Talks, just grab the banner, post your own Tues.T&T on your blog & then leave a comment down below with a link to your post!

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING!
-SHERRY

1 comment:

  1. I do notice that majority of the books I read are mostly in the POV of the heroine, especially in romance novels but I've read some that have interchanging POVs, though I've never read a romance contemporary that was solely the male POV.

    I've read a couple of YA novels and fiction books that were written in the male POV, like books by Chuck Palahniuk, John Green, The Catcher In The Rye and The Silver Linings Playbook. :D The male POV is kind of quirky and a little weird, but kind of relatable in a way, if that makes sense, lol.

    ReplyDelete