Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tuesday Thoughts & Talks [12]: Where DOES the Sidewalk End? It DOESN'T

This is a meme hosted HERE that asks us to present something we've learned or thought about after we finished reading a book to anyone out there - sparking a conversation amongst us!

What I Read to Spark the feels:
Where the Sidewalk Ends By Shel Silverstein

The book up for discussion this week is one of my favourites! I grew up loving the writing of the great Shel Silverstein. Even more I loved all his illustrations! It was incredible to me how one person could create such a world with poetry. And to think, these were written and drawn over 30 years ago! What makes his work so timeless? That is the root of this Tuesday. I think Shel Silverstein's body of work remains relevant to this day because of how outrageous and wild his content is! There is never anything 'wrong' or 'right' about his writings. It's all imagination and that I guess, never expires. I could read a poem of his today and feel the same about it in 10 years, albeit I'll have more experience to apply to it. There is a whimsical quality to his work that you can't help but transport yourself to a different mindset. When you're there anything goes! Do you know what I mean? It's become what you expect out of a Shel Silverstein book/poem - dark, twisty, unrealistic, and totally emotionally cut!

Add a link to your response OR just leave a comment below on this week's Tuesday Thoughts&Talks!

If you want to participate in the Tuesday Thoughts & Talks, just grab the banner, post your own Tues.T&T on your blog & then leave a comment down below with a link to your post!

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING!
-SHERRY

1 comment:

  1. To be honest, I've never read anything from Shel Silverstein, but judging by your reaction, I need to get on top of that!

    ReplyDelete