Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday Thoughts & Talks [9]: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

This is a meme hosted HERE that asks us to present something we've learned or thought about after we finished reading a book to anyone out there - sparking a conversation amongst us!

What I Read to Spark the feels:

    

I am very excited about this weeks Tuesday Thoughts & Talks! It has to do with one of my favourite book-to-movie adaptations, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! I recently re-watched the Tim Burton re-make of this epic book. I read this book ages ago when I was maybe 7/8 years old? I don't remember much of the original content in the books but I sure do remember the movie adaptations. The original movie from 1971 was one of the first movies I've ever watched. At that time, the movie Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory was extremely scary! The oompa loompa's and the tunnel scene at the candy factory really scared me! Fast forward to 2005 and the Tim Burton re-imagined version Charlie & The Chocolate Factory is released! There was a lot of criticism directed towards this movie because the original was such a cult classic - there was barely any room for anything to be BETTER. I don't think Burton signed on to make a 'better' told movie but rather he set out to explore un-answered idea's of the movie. I loved how he explored Willy Wonka's childhood and gave him a back story that made him sort of human. On the contrary though, I can see why doing this made the critics angry. Part of the reason why the original was so successful was because Wonka was bat-shit weird and crazy! There was a mysterious aura to him that had viewers curious and anxious throughout the movie. Both movie adaptations I believe paid great respect to the original book. It is a short book so I think there was plenty of room for the directors to tell their own version of the story as they imagined! If you haven't before, I HIGHLY suggest reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, then watch BOTH movies to see how both directors spun the original tale!

What do you think of the book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Which movie did you enjoy better?
Add a link to your response OR just leave a comment below on this week's Tuesday Thoughts&Talks!

If you want to participate in the Tuesday Thoughts & Talks, just grab the banner, post your own Tues.T&T on your blog & then leave a comment down below with a link to your post!

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING!
-SHERRY

No comments:

Post a Comment