Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sunday Musings [9]: New Books & The Beginning of SUMMER!

Two birds one stone - I stumbled upon The Sunday Post Meme hosted by the lovely Caffinated Book Reviewer & the Stacking The Shelves meme hosted by the awesome Tynga's Reviews! It is quite similar to what I'm doing here with my Sunday musings - recapping the week in book blogging universe as well as letting you guys know about what books I bought or received.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to ALL the dedicated&deserving dads in the world! Dear Dad, thanks for putting up with my angsty-self because no one else could tolerate it. Thanks for cooking my favourite meats whenever I craved them. Thanks for all the times you taught me about fishing & getting my hands 'dirty' because now, I can fish and not scream at the sight of a live fish or worm. To wrap it up, although we both aren't the most vocal about our feelings and we try to act tougher than we actually are, mom sees past all this by the way - she knows we cry at everything, I LOVE YOU and thank you for continually building a home and family for me each and everyday!♥
(I don't say it enough, so I thought I'd vocalize it in writing online where it shall live forever!)

This was a party week for me I would say. It was my dad's birthday as well as Father's Day this weekend. 2IN1 celebratory BBQ was had for him. Lots of beer and red meats were consumed. Safe to say that I'm on a all veggie diet after that! There were two paintings I worked on for class and personal work this week. I've switched it up and tried to paint with acrylics again and it was such a weird feeling. I guess I've gotten use to painting with oils now, HOORAH! I picked up great books this week & I want to extend a HUGE HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY WEEK to Lauren Gibaldi! Her book The Night We Said Yes came out last Tuesday and it's so beautiful! I really can't wait to start reading it! 


In other things this past week, I got to meet up with my good friends for drinks and we explored a new bar in Toronto called The Madison! It is a converted mansion with a huge patio on the top floor. It has a great selection of beers on tap so I recommend it to anyone out there looking for a good bar/patio this summer season in Toronto.


Posts From The Past Week:

Happening This Week:
I've been really lacking in my reading this past week - too many celebrations and too many paintings to complete. I apologize for the lack of content on my blog :( I'm so grateful for all of you guys that take time out of your days to check my blog out!

NEW Books added to my shelf this week:

The Fill-In Boyfriend By Kasie West (I absolutely loved The Distance Between Us & so this was sort of an auto-buy for me!)

The Night We Said Yes By Lauren Gibaldi ;D

Extraordinary Means By Robyn Schneider (The Beginning of Everything had great writing so I am very interested in seeing how Extraordinary Means is - I've heard such great things about it!)
~That's it for now lovelies♥ Let me know how your week went in the comments below ;)

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING &SUNDAY!
-SHERRY

12 comments:

  1. I've heard that The Fill-In Boyfriend is really good! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Kasie West writing! Her books always leave me feeling happy ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Awww... love the kind words to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I really want to check out The Night We Said Yes. It sounds so amazing!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the synopsis&the cover! June was a good book release month! Lots of debut authors with lots of good writing!

      Delete
  4. Yay for celebrations (and beer!!) The new bar you found sounds very cool! Love your haul this week. I want to read them all!! Enjoy and can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace for stopping by & with your kind words always! Beer is always great ;P Cheers to us reading these books SOONER rather than later ♥

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited for The Fill In Boyfriend! It'll be my first Kasie West read, and since everyone loves it, hopefully I will too! I heard both Extraordinary Means and The Night We Said Yes were amazing, so I'm really looking forward to seeing your reviews! Happy reading girlie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kasie West does write AMAZING young love romances so The Fill In Boyfriend is going to be great I just know it! You're excitement makes me more excited too! Much thanks for all the love ;P ♥

      Delete
  6. Great books to add to the TBR!
    I loved the Fill-In Boyfriend and I hope you enjoy it! The Night We Said Yes looks really good and hopefully, I'll be able to pick it up soon.
    Olivia @ Fluttering Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kasie West just does a great job writing about teens in love ;P Hope we enjoy these reads!

      Delete