Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday [2]

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine - spotlighting books that haven't been released yet!

My Waiting on Wednesday this week is...

Anne & Henry By Dawn Ius
Expected Release Date: September 2015
Anne
Wild, brazen, mischievous, bewitching
Henry
Driven, haunted, charming, magnetic
Apart, they are bound to destroy themselves. Together, they are bound to destroy each other.
Henry Tudor's life has been mapped out since the day he was born: student president, valedictorian, Harvard Law School, and a stunning political career just like his father's. But ever since the death of Henry's brother—perfect, high-achieving Arthur—his family has been twice as demanding. And now Henry's trapped: forbidden from pursuing a life as an artist or dating any girl who's not Tudor approved.

Then Anne Boleyn crashes into his life.

Anne is wild, brash and outspoken. She is everything Henry is not allowed to be—or to want. But soon Anne is all he can think about. His mother, his friends, and even his girlfriend warn him away, yet his desire for Anne consumes him. Henry is willing to do anything to be with her. But once he has her, their romance could destroy them both.

Inspired by the true story of Anne Boleyn and King Henry VIII, Anne & Henry reimagines the intensity, love, and betrayal between one of the most infamous couples of all time.
(Synopsis Provided By Goodreads)

I love the drama, scandal, and romance that screams from this book! I can't wait for it to be released later this year! I loved watching The Tudors television show and a modern day retelling of it in a teen lit definitely has me interested!

Clickity-Click HERE to Pre-order a copy! 

Does a modern retelling of King Henry VIII & Anne Boleyn interest you? Leave a link in the comments below to your own Waiting on Wednesday I'll make sure to stop by!

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING!
-SHERRY

16 comments:

  1. new to me but great pick, hope you get a chance to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never heard of this one. nice pick!
    Thanks for visiting My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I randomly stumbled upon it and I'm really glad I did! & no problemo - you had a great WOW!

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I think this sounds really cool. I like that it's inspired by real historical figures. That's a really awesome idea. I hadn't heard of this one before, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like love at first sight for me! I loved this era of history! Plus Henry the VIII has got to have the most confusing and drama-full story! Also I love me some modern takes on history! ;P

      Thanks for stopping by ♥

      Delete
  4. Wow, I do like the retellings of fairy tales, but this retelling of actual history sounds very intriguing! Thanks for sharing!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Thanks for stopping by & sharing the love! ♥

      Delete
  5. I love the synopsis!!! I'm a huge fan of The Tudors (tv show/actual history). I'm adding it to my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by my blog today .(:

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who can resist Jonathan Rhys Meyers? *wink wink* I'm glad you like the pick!

      Delete
  6. I love that cover! Great pick! I am adding this to my TBR pile for sure. Thank you for stopping by. :)
    New GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I hope you enjoy it when you get to reading it ;P

      Delete
  7. I really like Henry VIII. I mean, not as a person, he was quite horrible. But he is interesting. And Anne Boelyn is probably my favorite of his none less than 6 wives.
    Also, I did quite enjoy The Other Boelyn Girl. So maybe I will like sort of the same story as a contemporary as well? It sure sounds interesting :)

    <a href="http://cucie-reads.blogspot.no/> Cucie @ Cucie reads </a>.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the same boat! He's so horrible that it makes him so good for show and novels ha! Well when it rolls onto shelves I hope you get a chance at reading it! Thanks for stopping by!♥

      Delete
  8. Cute! I hope you'll enjoy. :D

    ReplyDelete