Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Musings: Let's Talk Books & Blogging!

I don't know when exactly it happened but this past week has re-awoken my love of book blogging. Coming back to writing reviews about the books I've read has really been refreshing. I kind of hit a major hiatus from all things reading related when I started university three years ago but now hopefully I'll be back? I still got a lot of reading to catch up on and for now I'll be casually reading on a loose schedule of posting reviews. It was intimidating to enter this blogging community again - there is just so many great reviewers and bloggers out there!

With that being said, let's jump into talking about books! This week I came across two books that I want to add to my shelves. 



Liars, Inc. By Paula Stokes

The storyline for this one is quite intriguing. Seems like it starts off lighthearted but changes course to be more dramatic and dark. Most looking forward to reading about how Max the main character gets out of the complex situation involving murder!

The Truth About Jack By Jody Gehrman

I'm a huge sucker for teen romance so this one seems like a novel I'd love. What interests me most in this book up is the aspect of Jack, the main guy character, creating an image of himself that he THINKS Dakota, the main girl character, will fall in love with. I typically come across female protagonists conforming to that pressure so it seems really interesting to see a guy go through it in this book.

Anyone else interested in these books too? I saw them across some book blogs and they really appealed to me. If you've read them - how are they (spoiler free please)?

This week I also got a chance to get crafty! I had always wanted to create some bookmarks and this week I found some time to do just that! They're a very simple design and I just wanted to try out some ombre watercolour painting techniques. The bookmarks were spring colour themed so let me know what you think! Here are the results:





Some watercolour paper & paints, yarn, time, and this can be the result! I made a couple of them so if anyone out there is interested in having one, you could check out my etsy store HERE and pick one up! 

Question for you guys out there: What books caught your attention this week?
Let me know in the comments below - I really want to see what books you guys mention!

AS ALWAYS,
HAPPY READING! (&SUNDAY!)
-Sherry

2 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back! : ) Looking forward to your posts. One of the books that has caught my attention is Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I have been hearing a lot about this book lately. I have to see what the hype is all about.
    Eduardo @ BoomingBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to be back! & thank you ♥ I have also seen Red Queen around a lot lately around the book blog-sphere. I don't know if it's really my genre but I'm definitely going to check it out! If you get to it soon, let me know how it is!

      Delete